Topic: Reversing Camera

so... I have one in my ix20, but I imagine probably the same unit in most of the other models.   mine is just about viewable, it is very unclear and very little colour.  I am sure that when I got the car, it was clearer. I had a look at the camera, or where I think it is, and nothing obstructing.  So just wanted to check, how clear it should be.

my friend has a Mazda.. it is so clear, can see all colours, read number plates etc..

IX20 Premium Nav Auto in Platinum Silver

Re: Reversing Camera

ffiscool wrote:

so... I have one in my ix20, but I imagine probably the same unit in most of the other models.   mine is just about viewable, it is very unclear and very little colour.  I am sure that when I got the car, it was clearer. I had a look at the camera, or where I think it is, and nothing obstructing.  So just wanted to check, how clear it should be.

my friend has a Mazda.. it is so clear, can see all colours, read number plates etc..

Is the lens kept clean? - or more likely, is its position prone to excessive road dirt in winter weather

2015 VW Touareg 3.0TDI SE
2014 Hyundai i30 1.4 Active
2016 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi SE-L
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi Premium Auto 7-seat - now sold - BT60ZPK

Yes, it’s clean, but I’m not sure re positioning as would it not have to be where it is?  The angle seems fine.  It’s odd.  Just wish I could remember exactly how it was when I got the car.  I don’t rely on it, so that’s something.

The one in the Santa Fe is excellent. Probably similar components.

I’d pop by a dealer and try one of theirs, if you have a fault it should be covered under warranty.

Drive Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Ride [s] Honda [/s] Triumph
Fly Airbus.
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.

thank you, yes think I will.   there is one not far from me, I use for servicing that are really nice.

Get it checked bro by dealer please maybe a software issue..

The one in my i30 CRDI is crystal clear.

thanks - will do.. i am off between xmas and New Year, will pop along then

I have a 2012 Santa Fe and the camera gradually deteriorated until it was very bad. Replace under warranty !