HOCGB

Author Topic: Cold start idle  (Read 75 times)

Offline WillH

Cold start idle
« on: September 17, 2019, 16:10:04 »
I've recently bought an i30 tourer SE Nav 1.4 T-gdi and have noticed that when starting the car from cold (not cold as in cold ambient temperature but that the car has been parked for a while/overnight), the idle speed is around 1400-1500rpm for a short period (30s-1min - I haven't timed it yet) before dropping down to 700rpm.
Just wondering if this is the standard warm-up behavior of the 1.4 T-gdi engine or if it's something I should ask Hyundai service about?

Offline KONA

Cold start idle
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 19:02:50 »
A quick look round the Hyundai forums leads me to believe its something they all do as to why there are many different views but non say its a fault, maybe worth a phone call to your dealer if you are concerned.

Offline Tinzler88

Re: Cold start idle
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 21:19:30 »
I've recently bought an i30 tourer SE Nav 1.4 T-gdi and have noticed that when starting the car from cold (not cold as in cold ambient temperature but that the car has been parked for a while/overnight), the idle speed is around 1400-1500rpm for a short period (30s-1min - I haven't timed it yet) before dropping down to 700rpm.
Just wondering if this is the standard warm-up behavior of the 1.4 T-gdi engine or if it's something I should ask Hyundai service about?

Hi, i have a Hyundai i30 petrol engine from 2009 and my car is doing the same, i've asked my mecanic and it said that this is normal. Cheers