Car damaged when in for repair

• 22 Replies

Offline Bluetaurus

Re: Car damaged when in for repair
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 17:11:54 »
The op perhaps can post back when it's time for renewal to see if the premiums have been hiked or not.
Hyundai Tucson N Line 1.6 T-GDi 177Ps DCT
Shadow grey

Offline KONA

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 15:57:50 »
I guess you will find out when renewal is due. Do post back here as a point of interest.

That would be quite a feat as i haven't actually had an accident (shame you didn't read the full thread) and FFS how can they put your premium up if you haven't had an accident and the  accident you haven't had  hasn't altered your no claims bonus BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T HAD AN ACCIDENT OR CLAIMED OFF YOUR INSURANCE.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 16:00:14 by KONA »

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 17:09:14 »
Your quite correct Kona, I didn't read the full thread and assumed it was the op who had asked the question of his insurers.
I have no idea why you feel the need for hostile posting.
I thought the purpose of the forum was to exchange ideas and views.
When the op comes to renew the policy, having already informed them of the incident we can all learn if the premium is hiked or not. I was only offering a view based on the experience of friends who had no fault accidents.
Shadow grey

Offline egg

• 2021 N Lines S
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 14:18:35 »
Your spot on Bluetaurus about the use of forums.

Also having first hand experience of my premium going up on renewal (which I declined) after being the owner of a vehicle of which was hit by a bus whilst parked up and not claiming off my insurance, that said my no claims discount wasn't affected. I then had to tell every insurance company about the non blame accident/incident call it what you may for the next 5 years.

Even if you don't tell your insurance company about an accident these days chances are they'll find out about it through a 3rd party with everything being online and shared between companies to try and stop the fraudulent claims. Now that's a another storey.
2021 N Line S

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 16:27:15 »
Exactly egg
It's all kept on a central data base so there is no escaping their grasping greedy fingers.
When I purchased my new car I was going to take out an after market dent and scratch insurance,  only to be advised that technically I should tell my insurance  company each time I claim even though it would not cost my insurance  company a penny.
I declined to take up the option in the end.
Totally rediculous how customers get penalised all the time.
Shadow grey

Offline egg

• 2021 N Lines S
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 17:45:57 »

When I purchased my new car I was going to take out an after market dent and scratch insurance,  only to be advised that technically I should tell my insurance  company each time I claim even though it would not cost my insurance  company a penny.

I've always been told with a dent and scratch policy no need to tell your insurance company. I used 1 for a merc I had. Did 3 claims a year for 3 years. Never told my insurance company about it.
2021 N Line S

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 18:12:19 »
To be fair,
The dent insurance company did say they dont share personal details but it did make me think.
Shadow grey

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 20:54:06 »
Many years ago my parked car was crashed into while i was in a shop.

It so happened that the insured was with the same company as me.

When I rang to inform, as per t&c's, I was told it had already been recorded against my policy as other person had reported accident.

Was told ncd would not change but the premium would be assessed at renewal before deducting ncd.

From memory the premium did go up so I phoned and argued as not actually in the car and nonfault plus they had recoved full cost, which they couldn't deny as same company, premium was recalculated and I actually paid less than the previous year!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 20:55:43 by eye30 »
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong