HOCGB

Author Topic: Tucson Premium SE Sat nav/wifi hotspot problem  (Read 124 times)

Offline birdsunlimited

Tucson Premium SE Sat nav/wifi hotspot problem
« on: February 03, 2020, 22:01:28 »
Hi,

I have a Tucson Premium SE 17 reg from new and love it. My wife and I use our phones to connect to satnav for speed cameras and traffic via the wifi hotspot and all worked fine until about a month ago. My phone, Samsung Galaxy S7, still works fine with Carspot Ready but my wife's, Samsung Galaxy J3(2017), says it is connected to the car via the wifi hotspot, the car says it is connected to the phones hotspot but the camera symbol is not shown on the map nor does it advise on cameras or traffic. I have tried uninstalling Carspot Ready and installed Hyundai Access but I have the same result. The car connects to phone but no cameras or traffic..Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline tpd1309

Re: Tucson Premium SE Sat nav/wifi hotspot problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 21:24:11 »
Can you see that the phone is connected on the sat nav screen. Try not using the app but creat a hotspot via the phone settings

Offline Vic46-61

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 22:51:16 »
Hi not a fix at all,but had my 68 plate Tucson 6 weeks,always have the split screen on,it always tells me the speed limits and cameras,the other day on the M53,there was a 50mph speed limit and one lane closed,it all came up ok on screen,my point is,it a regional thing?

Offline birdsunlimited

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 12:39:02 »
Thank you both for the suggestions. In the last week it all appears to be working as it should again so I guess either the app or the phone has had updates. The 2017 model doesn't get split screen but it would be good if we did! Thanks for your suggestions in any case.
Cheers, Brian

Offline Impith

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 19:24:02 »
I used to set up the connection using Hyundai Access. Originally it was rock solid every time, but then an update to either Android or the App made it flakey, so I could only guarantee a connection if the App was open on screen at the time. Having recently changed to a Samsung phone I now use a Bixby routine to turn on the hotspot whenever connected to the car via Bluetooth (exactly what the Hyundai Access app is supposed to do) and it works every time.
2019 Tucson Premium SE 1.6 TGDi Manual in Micron Grey

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 12:55:50 »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you need a different Bixby routine to turn it off again when you leave the car? I found the Hyundai app to be very unreliable, so I'm keen to try the Bixby alternative.