HOCGB

Author Topic: My testimonial  (Read 90 times)

Offline KBD

My testimonial
« on: February 15, 2020, 19:51:09 »
I got my 1.6 Tucson Premium last August 2019 and so far I love this car. I've had several makes over the years BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo etc. Yep some very nice cars, but this has to be the best car I've owned. The tech included in the spec is top rate. I'm reversing out of a parking space next to a large Transit van and can't see left or right, as I slowly move back a warning buzzer sounds and an arrow pointing left or right indicates a warning that a vehicle or pedestrian is about to move across the back of the car and the vehicle's rear radar sensors alerts me. How good/useful is that!
Auto hold is also brilliant, holding the car on an incline or decline. Yes you do have to remember to switch it on though.
Start Stop - you hardly hear the engine stop and then restart. It just does the job with no fuss or bother.
Vehicle Blind Spot Detection. Again no fuss, buzzer and orange icons on the overtaking mirrors warn you of vehicles approaching.
Autonomous Emergency Braking.This has activated twice, once when a car in front slowed at the last moment to turn left. The brakes activated (until it sensed me hitting the brakes) and a warning sounded. I hope I never really need it, but nice to know it's there.
The Infotainment System is the most intuitive I've ever used. I love the 8" heads up screen, and the Nav/music systems are a dream to use. So simple, with the added bonus of Apple Car Play, and wireless phone charging
MPG ranges from 36 around town to 44 on motorway and A roads
Servicing every 10,000 mls or 12 months and if I use the dealer, they renew the free AA roadside assistance for the next 12 months. This perk lasts for the full 5 year warranty.
The only gripe I have is the range of first gear. It's in and straight into second to get anything like a decent pull away.
Regarding the yellow discs with black outlines that appear on certains roads indicated on the map are. can't work out what they are for. If anyone knows please let me know

Offline Impith

Re: My testimonial
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 22:01:12 »
I largely agree with you. My Tucson Premium SE 1.6 TGDi manual went in for its first service today, and I was amazed to actually realise it is now a year old!  Totally agree about the reversing warning - I hadn't realised how 'in your face' it is until I had a car pelting down our road whilst I was backing out of the drive, and certainly seems better than my old Qashqai system. And yes - it works well with pedestrians in supermarket car parks  :)

2019 Tucson Premium SE 1.6 TGDi Manual in Micron Grey

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 20:53:58 »
I am excited to read your comments.  Can't wait to receive the delivery of my Tucson 1.6 TGDi Premium SE with every possible bling and a '20' number plate next week.

Offline TommyI

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 18:13:28 »
Just a quick question, Are you saying that the AA breakdown cover is free for the remainder of the 5 year warranty? I thought it was just for 12 months.

Offline Shambles

• Administrator
    • https://www.i30ownersclub.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 23:30:16 »
Historically, manufacturer-funded breakdown cover extends throughout the warranty period provided servicing is performed at a Hyundai (or approved) dealership.
2008 i30 Premium CRDi manual.
2014 i30 Style Nav CRDi 128ps manual.
2017 Ioniq Premium SE Hybrid.

Join us at the i30 Owners Club

Offline TommyI

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 14:13:27 »
Great news, Thanks for that information.

Offline Impith

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 14:17:30 »
Yes, I had my Tucson serviced last week for the first time and a few days later got the confirmation that breakdown cover had been extended for 12 months.
2019 Tucson Premium SE 1.6 TGDi Manual in Micron Grey