HOCGB

Author Topic: Tucson 1.6t N Line 177ps DCT Fiery Red.  (Read 608 times)

Offline irememberwhen

Re: Tucson 1.6t N Line 177ps DCT Fiery Red.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 23:23:39 »
In the present situation I would not entertain a diesel but nevertheless it shouldn't be happening. The ECU which makes the exhaust gases hotter (regen) for a short period so it can burn off the soot should have taken care of this. At least a warning light should have appeared when the filter was 80% approximately full. But the weekly trip up the motorway for 20/30 minutes at 2,500/3000 revs should be suffice to stop this happening. Good luck.
2020 Tucson 1.6T 177ps N Line DCT Ruby Red.

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 05:35:05 »
I didnt think hyundai suffered with many dpf problems, certainly not after such few miles.
Yours is the 1.6 mild hybrid?
John

Offline SteveC

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 07:13:32 »
No, is the Petrol. Euro6 engines now have GPFs apparently. I know the long runs should take care of things but as I said they are not and makes me think there must be another underlying issue. Really don’t want to be going back/forward to the dealer right now though in the current climate!

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 11:24:48 »
Uk its called ppf petrol particulate filter as apposed to our cousins GPF Gas particulate filter. We live & learn.

What Is a Petrol Particulate Filter?
Similar to a DPF, a petrol particulate filter (PPF) prevents harmful particulate emissions. It is fitted in the exhaust system and captures soot particulates in direct-injection petrol engines. The filter is structured like a honeycomb and it is created from synthetic ceramic material. As the exhaust gas passes through the exhaust system into the filter, the soot particulates are trapped.

There is one main difference between a DPF and a PPF; a diesel filter has a larger capacity than a petrol filter, as it can hold up to 8g of soot in it and a petrol filter can only hold around 1g of soot. However, if we consider how many particulates each engine emits, a petrol engine releases 30 times fewer particulates.

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 13:36:18 »
That's interesting that it should play up already then. Reading the reviews etc before I purchased mine the general theme was the petrol versions should get hot enough even on short journeys to burn off the soot.
There is a section in the handbook which I briefly read. Perhaps I should take mine on a run sometime soon then.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 21:59:44 »
Before purchasing ours I did all the homework and nowhere discovered anything on this model relating to PPF. My last purchase was a new turbo petrol in 2017 and that never had it so obviously my exercise in this instance was somewhat lacking. In fact I'm still trying to find it in the enormously paged handbook.  :)

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 02:10:22 »
Yea I only discovered it had a ppf when reading that all Euro 6 petrol cars had one. There is a section in the book about warning lights and what to do next etc.
I am not expecting problems though otherwise why bother with a petrol vehicle for short journeys as recommended over diesel.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 23:24:47 »
Hopefully there will be no problems with the ppf or looking at it from a cynical point of view, maybe this is a further push to electric/hybrid?  ;)

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 00:07:28 »
Yes I think so, better mpg too

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 00:08:39 »
Not sure that emergency braking works on mine, I've coasted real close to cars in front and nothing!

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 17:43:21 »
Yea I only discovered it had a ppf when reading that all Euro 6 petrol cars had one. There is a section in the book about warning lights and what to do next etc.
I am not expecting problems though otherwise why bother with a petrol vehicle for short journeys as recommended over diesel.

Having searched through my bumper edition Owners Manual found it in Section 3-103 and thanks for the guidance.  :)

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 19:38:53 »

Having searched through my bumper edition Owners Manual found it in Section 3-103 and thanks for the guidance.  :)
Hey no problem
I'm just pleased to have found another N line owner.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 22:04:09 »
True, but very frustrated as owing to this present coronavirus lock down the car has remained in the local vicinity for 3+ weeks.  :(

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 13:03:15 »
True, but very frustrated as owing to this present coronavirus lock down the car has remained in the local vicinity for 3+ weeks.  :(
Are you off work at the moment?
I still have to go in so mine gets a run into london when on shift.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 17:44:35 »
The car is actually my wife's which I change every three years. I'm a Volvo man whose present car is so good I refuse to change it.
I would like to put this Tucson through its paces with an extended trip but what's the point when all restaurants, cafe, diners, are closed and unable to get a paltry cup of tea.  :(
On the flip side, my wife is so, so pleased with it and that's really all that matters.