HOCGB

Author Topic: Tucson 1.6t N Line 177ps DCT Fiery Red.  (Read 590 times)

Offline egg

Re: Tucson 1.6t N Line 177ps DCT Fiery Red.
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 07:41:34 »
Not sure that emergency braking works on mine, I've coasted real close to cars in front and nothing!
Next time a car is turning left off the main road and you can safely go around it go around it but get close to it. Don't coast past it. I'll bet the autonomous braking system works. It won't working by coasting by all accounts. I've done it in my I30 made me jump. Didn't realise what was happening till it was over. Also kicked in on the motorway when a car slammed all on in front of me. System definitely works.

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 08:18:07 »
Not sure that emergency braking works on mine, I've coasted real close to cars in front and nothing!
Next time a car is turning left off the main road and you can safely go around it go around it but get close to it. Don't coast past it. I'll bet the autonomous braking system works. It won't working by coasting by all accounts. I've done it in my I30 made me jump. Didn't realise what was happening till it was over. Also kicked in on the motorway when a car slammed all on in front of me. System definitely works.
Cheers egg
I will give it a go, was just expecting alarms and braking whenever the car detected an object and me not braking.
Thanks

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 13:12:58 »
Now the UK is really in lock down with police road blocks and facing accusations of over zealousness as officers crack down on people flouting corona virus lockdown, our new car is in isolation until goodness knows when. One question being, can one really Sorn a new car and would one want too?  :-\
2020 Tucson 1.6T 177ps N Line DCT Ruby Red.

Offline egg

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 07:34:35 »
I don't see why you couldn't . Then again the post office or Swansea might say it's not essential so you can't. I don't see why you would want too either. Unless you know something others don't know?

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:07 »
I don't really want too but the question remains. Its cost £585 VED  and in 28 days done 72 miles due solely to the government's restrictions, when usually it's 10 times that. With no end to the restrictions in sight and April upon us, it's just a thought.

Offline egg

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2020, 08:39:52 »
I don't really want too but the question remains. Its cost £585 VED  and in 28 days done 72 miles due solely to the government's restrictions, when usually it's 10 times that. With no end to the restrictions in sight and April upon us, it's just a thought.
Why is it that much? Are they not about 28k new? When I looked at getting 1 it was gonna cost me about 25k after discounts.

Offline egg

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:12 »
I've just looked at Parkers for tax brackets and indeed yours is in the higher tax bracket it's saying £530 for the first year. Bizarrely the sports edition with the same engine and CO'2 is only £145 for the first year!!!!!!!!!!!
Question is if you sorn it claim your money back how much would be the next year? Perhaps the full cost for another 12 months? I don't know mate.

I thought it went on the new cost nowadays. I wish they'd just leave it alone.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2020, 18:25:03 »
Forget it; this is one of the rules/regulations.
"If you are not going to use your car for a long period (anything longer than 6 months) you can use a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) to avoid paying road tax while you're not using it."

Indeed it does go on the manufacturer's list price and not on what you purchased it for!