HOCGB

Author Topic: Service plan  (Read 104 times)

Offline TwinsSantafe

Service plan
« on: March 22, 2020, 20:15:29 »
Hi All,

New to the forum and Just purchased a 2016 Santa Fe with just under 25 000 miles with  full service history.

I’m looking at service plans for a 2016 Santa Fe over 36 months. It’s just had 4th year service so will need 5,6,7 year services. My question is when you do the service plan at a dealer and online it’s states that a 6 year service on the service plan is a full essentials service at £229? Which is wrong.
In the service schedule for the car it should have the diff and gearbox oils changed but an essentials service does not cover it?

Obviously I want to maintain service schedules as per Hyundai’s guidelines but their service plan does not cover this and the dealer cannot confirm otherwise. I have waited nearly 4 weeks and they still don’t know???
Anyone have a better understanding of this issue?

I was under the impression getting a service plan works out cheaper than if you paid for services when you get them done?

Many Thanks

Offline eddie

Re: Service plan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 21:50:56 »
Can't help you really, but my experience of service plans was that I never got handed a full service report. Whether that was/is common or just my particular garage, I really don't know. (Welcome to the forum by the way).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 21:53:09 by eddie »

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 22:12:13 »
In past experience with other manufacturers (My first with Hyundai) I've always believed in keeping my money in my packet until the service was needed. I live in an area where all these popular manufacturers have multiple franchises and each willing when contacted to undercut each other on quoted prices. Whatever you decide, good luck. 
2020 Tucson 1.6T 177ps N Line DCT Ruby Red.

Offline TwinsSantafe

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 23:46:22 »
Is that not a scary thought ?

6 year service is £628.
6 year service on service plan(essentials service) £229.

To save £399 you would deem the service plan to be the option as for 5,6 and 7 year service I was quoted £610, but not if it’s not to the schedule of the car.

Offline dartman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:18:16 »
Basically all service plans quote the essentials protecting the drive train, if you want a proper service that ensures your car is roadworthy and has a fair to good chance of passing its MOT then you need all the options which would double the price, one good reason to keep MOT's to 1year, the car tends only to be lethal for 6 months assuming it had advisories that were ignored instead of 18 months
Land Rover FL2 HSE SD4,2012
I'm still not PC correct