HOCGB

Author Topic: Servicing at local garage - where do I get a service check sheet?  (Read 188 times)

Offline jessiowe

Hi

I have taken my Tucson to be serviced for its first 10k miles to my local garage. The maintenance record requires independent service providers to complete a copy of a service check sheet showing that all the Hyundai Motor UK Ltd service schedule requirements have been carried out. The garage have never been asked for this before but the maintenance requirements state this is necessary to maintain the warranty. I have scoured the internet for a copy of this service check sheet but there isn't one available. Does anyone have a copy or point me to where I might obtain one?

Kind regards

jessiowe

Offline irememberwhen

Re: Servicing at local garage - where do I get a service check sheet?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 23:04:32 »
Just reading the details of the requirements appears a minefield!
The free 5 Year Roadside Assistance and Satnav updates go somewhat towards the final invoice.
This is my first Hyundai Vehicle but other manufacturers dealing with their own serviced vehicles are always looking for excuses regarding warranty work.
I prefer to sleep easy at night.

https://www.hyundai.co.uk/misc-pages/5_year_warranty/maintenance_and_service
2020 Tucson 1.6T 177ps N Line DCT Ruby Red.

Offline jessiowe

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 14:16:48 »
Thanks for replying, yes, as I understand the requirements your warranty can only be retained if you obtain this service check sheet. Hyundai are legally required to allow independent garages to carry out servicing and maintenance. However it appears that the service check sheet is not available to any garages other than Hyundai Motor UK. This seems to be anti-competitive and in breach of their obligations. Does anyone else have any experience of using independent garages?

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 05:15:43 »
Hi
Just asking, is it loyalty to your local garage, or perhaps a distance thing to your nearest Hyundai dealer why you have decided to go to an independent?
John

Offline Beerhunter39

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 10:41:22 »
Hi All,
Would it be acceptable to Hyundai to have a generic check sheet produced by an Independent Garage to satisfy them that work has been carried out to their standard.
While under warranty, I have always used a combination of both Main Dealer and Indepent because
a. Main Dealers are more expensive than Independents.
b. I have a local Independent Garage where I know the Owner and the Mechanics and trust them.
I have usually rotated the Services between them.
All opinions respected.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 18:37:02 »
Thanks for replying, yes, as I understand the requirements your warranty can only be retained if you obtain this service check sheet. Hyundai are legally required to allow independent garages to carry out servicing and maintenance. However it appears that the service check sheet is not available to any garages other than Hyundai Motor UK. This seems to be anti-competitive and in breach of their obligations. Does anyone else have any experience of using independent garages?

I don't believe failing to supply a service check list would be classed as anti-competitive or in breach of their obligations.
Maybe an e-mail to Hyundai Customer Service is the way forward.

Offline jessiowe

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 14:26:08 »
Hi
Just asking, is it loyalty to your local garage, or perhaps a distance thing to your nearest Hyundai dealer why you have decided to go to an independent?
John

Hi John, they are walking distance from my house and I know them. It's just a whole lot easier and probably cheaper too.

Offline jessiowe

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 14:29:02 »

I don't believe failing to supply a service check list would be classed as anti-competitive or in breach of their obligations.
Maybe an e-mail to Hyundai Customer Service is the way forward.

Thanks, I will email them to see if they are able/willing to provide this. It just feels like a barrier Hyundai have put up to any other garages carrying out the work.

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 22:40:30 »
If you would keep this thread updated it would be much appreciated.  8)