Start and Stop system

• 7 Replies

Offline geomendes85

Start and Stop system
« on: February 10, 2016, 18:16:56 »
Hi

I just purchased a Hyundai i40 blue drive estateand I don´t know how the start and stop system works. Does anyone knows? Could you please explain to me?

Thanks

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
Start and Stop system
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 18:14:42 »
here is a post but also try putting blue drive or stop start in the search section as there may be several post which may help you.

http://www.hyundaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7390
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong

Offline benlovesgoddess

Start and Stop system
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 21:40:15 »
Hi. In my i20 Blue there is a switch on the dash to have it on or off (I always have it on). When I stop the car and put it in neutral then the engine stops. As soon as you dip the clutch again the engine starts. The exceptions to this working seem to be if the heater is on more than 1, if you bounce around to the stereo and if possibly the battery is not fully charged - so if the ISG has been used several times in quick succession for instance.
Owned 2013 Hyundai i20 1.1 Crdi Bluedrive for 2 and a half years. That\'s one way to lose £9,000 in depreciation!

Offline j&j

Start and Stop system
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 16:32:29 »
Hi, I have a new ix20 and the salesman described it as Intelligent Stop and Go. He described it would operate when the car was stopped and out of gear provided that the battery was fully charged and there was not a lot of drain on it (heater etc) and the temperature outside was above 4C. I just expected to switch it off and forget about it. However, every time the ignition is switched off and then on again it resets. Now I just leave it on and it has worked well. The only time I switch it off is if I am in a lot of crawling traffic and it is better switched off I feel.

Offline geomendes85

Start and Stop system
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 16:43:40 »
My has Blue a switch on the dash to have it on or off, but if I leave says "Deactivated" and the car engine never stopped even with a heating turned off.

Offline bazouteast

Start and Stop system
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 16:24:50 »
When I collected my new i10 Premium the salesman described ISG as IDLE Stop & Go...  (whatever!).  Initially it didn't work - I had to run the car to charge the battery sufficiently first (about 75 miles).  But while fuel economy may increase and its good for the environment, what about wear and tear on the starter motor? On a short local trip using ISG the starter motor operates maybe half a dozen times instead of once.  Will it need replacing six times quicker? I wonder if ISG really is financially economical as well as being Green?
/h Hyundai i10 1.0 Premium

Offline hugzee

Start and Stop system
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 21:29:07 »
Any parts affected by the ISG system should be of sufficient design to withstand what is asked of them, so no the starter motor shouldn't need replacing six times quicker (in theory of course).

Offline geomendes85

Start and Stop system
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:06:04 »
the car is 3 years old. the system stard and stop never worked with me. I went to Hyundai and they said thar I need replace the battery. They said the battery is no healthy enough. Is this possible?