2016 Santa Fe Premium SE - showing music album images on USB media

• 3 Replies

Offline Deadilus

Hi everyone,

I've taken delivery of a 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE and so far everything has been really good. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out why, on a USB stick in the USB slot, some music albums (folders) are displaying the cover art and others are not. The contents play fine but it would be nice to get the album art working too.

I have looked at the contents of the different folders on the USB memory stick (formatted as FAT32 and 4096bytes allocation size) - two folders, each with their own 'folder.jpg' image of 200x200 pixels @ 96dpi and 24-bit colour depth, will find that one works and the other does not. The filesize itself appears to not matter either as some of those that don't work are smaller, others larger. I have tried two memory sticks (one 4GB, the other 16GB) and that also made no difference.

Anyone got this working 100%?

Offline russo109

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 19:37:05 »
I use an Ipod touch via usb which shows the albums correctly. Just had a firmware update to stop the random black screen and added tom tom love services1

Offline Deadilus

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 22:43:04 »
I emailed Hyundai directly about this and got an answer back earlier.

For those interested, if you are using a memory stick in the USB port, then the folder image is loaded from the album art embedded in the MP3 / WMA file (I guess it takes the first file for the album) - it does NOT look at the folder.jpg file or similar.

In my case (and I suspect it will be the same for others), only some of my MP3 / WMA files had embedded cover art; using mp3tag I was able to update the files in an album quickly and easily in bulk by using the 'import cover art' quick action and referencing the folder.jpg file I/Windows Media Player had loaded. A quick check confirmed this worked and I am now bulk updating my entire library (that'll take a little longer).

Hopefully this information will help someone else in the future.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
    • https://www.i30ownersclub.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:29:03 »
Useful info Deadilus - thanks :)
2008 i30 Premium CRDi manual.
2014 i30 Style Nav CRDi 128ps manual.
2017 Ioniq Premium SE Hybrid.

Join us at the i30 Owners Club