Reversing sensor control box location Santa Fe

• 1 Replies

Offline Wiltshire71

« on: October 21, 2016, 19:42:15 »
Hi, I have a 2006 Santa Fe 2.2diesel. I recently purchased the car and love it. There is a reversing sensor that has been pushed in slightly so the system gives a false beeping, thinking that it is too close to something.
Can anyone tell me the location of the reversing sensor control box? I would love some advice rather than to have to start stripping trim randomly to find it.
I am thinking to possibly replace the entire parking system with an aftermarket one, so would need to remove or at least disconnect the original one.
The other question is, would it be easier to get an aftermarket set of sensors and cut off the original ones and reconnect the new ones to the wiring? I have a feeling that this probably will not work but would be pleasantly surprised if it did as it would be the far easier option.

Offline Ruperts Trooper

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 20:14:40 »
Remove the thin underfloor storage box at the back of the boot (three plastic nuts) - the wires are under there so can be traced back.

AFAIK - the rear reversing sensors were an "aftermarket" addition , fitted on import at Tilbury by Hyundai UK.
2015 VW Touareg 3.0TDI SE
2014 Hyundai i30 1.4 Active
2016 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi SE-L
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi Premium Auto 7-seat - now sold - BT60ZPK