Iload jacking point

• 0 Replies

Offline rxc

Iload jacking point
« on: March 03, 2017, 18:14:56 »
Hi all, please can you help with a minor problem which could turn into a major and costly problem. My rear off side tyre has a slow puncture which in most cases is easy for me to fix. However, I have never taken the rear wheels off in the six years of owning the van, never had a puncture in the rear tyres, and only had tyres replace by the experts. I tried yesterday to remove the wheel after jacking the vehicle at the rear jack point. The van moved forward, ever so slightly, enough to force the jack out of position. Luckily, the wheel was still on and no damage or injury sustained. After locking all wheels, I tried again. Raised the vehicle off the ground, removed all bolts but could not remove the wheel. I tried several times, but it would not budge. This got scary as with the force I applied to remove the wheel could have resulted in serious consequences. I replaced the wheel nuts and lowered the vehicle. Safe. Now I propose to buy a hydraulic 2 ton jack and 3 ton axle jack stands. The question is where do I place the hydraulic jack with out damaging the undercarriage, axle etc. Simple solution would be to take it to the tyre experts,which I normally do, but I'm travelling abroad in the vehicle and would like to be in a position where I can repair/replace the rear wheel. I will be changing the tyres in due course, but would like to have the ability to repair punctures in the future. Thank you