any way of softening a hard backed seat?

• 2 Replies

Offline ffiscool

« on: September 01, 2017, 07:35:01 »
so, I love my car - and the new gearbox is better definitely.

however, this one has harder seat backs, so I am getting bad aches, sort of midway up.. would that count as lumbar?  or thoracic, which is a bit higher. I do not want to start spending loads on back supports if the wrong one.

I just do not understand how it is so hard. The last car and the first one I had (ix20s), were a bit of getting used to re shoulders and neck which is where my problem is.. That was sorted through the adjusting of everything in the car.  This is different where I ache.

I have put the seat against the same measurements I had in my old one. I had measured how far from the pedals, the roof, the steering wheel, so I know it is just tweaking the back recline that takes time, but no matter what I do, i get out aching.

any suggestions will be greatfully appreciated.

I obviously do not know if it is the foam or the tautness of the fabric covering the seat.
ix20 Premium Nav auto, silver

Offline Bighvm

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 15:09:02 »
Think your describing the lumbar region, could try a cushion in the arch of your back for a long trip? Hope you find a fix.. I know how important lumbar support is and I've managed to have it in every car for years.. to me it's a must have, ( sciatica and general age related spinal degeration).

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 17:33:32 »
Thank you.  I will try a rolled up towel or cushion first the can decide what long term to buy.  In a way shame not my neck as I know adjustments would sort it. I should have swapped my old and new seat over
ix20 Premium Nav auto, silver