Pollen Filter

• 2 Replies

Offline Floridaboy

Pollen Filter
« on: January 19, 2018, 14:16:24 »
This may be obvious to many of you but if it helps just 1 person it’s worth it.
I just had my i40 serviced and the garage called me to say the Pollen Filter desperately needs replacing. They can supply and fit for £27.50 plus VAT. I said no thanks.
Bought one off EBay for £5.50 delivered. Less than 2 mins to fit.
Beware. Don’t get caught out.
Cheers all.

Offline Ruperts Trooper

Pollen Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 16:36:16 »
There's a wide range of filtration qualities out there, generally the more you pay the better the filtration.
2015 VW Touareg 3.0TDI SE
2014 Hyundai i30 1.4 Active
2016 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi SE-L
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi Premium Auto 7-seat - now sold - BT60ZPK

Offline Pujo

Pollen Filter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 14:48:37 »
My dealer charged me £340 for a service and didn't even change the pollen filter. When I said it needed changed he asked me in a condescending manner how I knew and I had to explain how I took the old one out as if I was lying . I said I looked at it and took photos of all the service items before I brought the car down. Including oil and brake fluid levels and filter caps. Before I knew it the car was back in the service bay and I had to wait another hour for it, he said they were fitting a new pollen filter free of charge but this only takes 5 minutes. I reckon they were doing the rest of the work they never carried out. Won't be taking car back to dealer ever again. I can buy genuine service parts a lot cheaper elsewhere and get them fitted properly by someone trustworthy. Going by the consensus on this site there's not much faith in any hyundai dealership.
Pity because the cars are pretty good.