Paint touch of non body colour on Santa fe front panel

• 2 Replies

Offline BR7000

« on: December 01, 2018, 20:06:51 »
Hi everybody
I am looking for touch up paint for the lower gray coloured strip on the front bumper panel, contacted Hyundai UK and they only list car body touch up.
Seems strange to have different coloured plastic pieces and the car manufacturer not displaying a colour code.

My vehicle is a 2016 Hyundai Santa fe

Offline BR7000

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 19:09:45 »
Hi just returning to my post, currently working my way through a friendly Halfords paint colours by trying to match the coloured lid to bumper panel colour ( seem to remember a spray shop had books of colour strips per make of vehicle) I have recently scratched a wheel so asked local body shop and he told me they now have a machine that establishes the mixture of paints to produce original alloy wheel colour so it looks like this will be the front bumper colour route.
I really do feel Hyundai are letting the side down with multi coloured panels but only listing the main car body colour.

Offline Jon

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 11:37:31 »
If you go to a car body shop they may mix their paints themselves rather than buy in paint matched to manufacturers codes. If so they may be able to scan the colour and make an aerosol for you.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.