Favourite make of dashcam

• 4 Replies

Offline paully

« on: February 25, 2019, 19:42:36 »
Been looking at these with a view to buying and leaving aside the technical and the possible has anyone got a particular view on what exact model or type to buy..Cheapies from E Bay or Amazon or Halfords etc...

are there any particular favourites that people have..Technically I`ve little idea how to hard wire them but my dealer has quoted a reasonable price to fit anything i buy and that way it isnt going to cause any warranty issues, so job sorted.

But all views welcome..Thanks

Offline Olly Bond

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 15:26:36 »
Saw someone on another forum talking about RAC Dash Cam's before which is what led me to purchasing the dash cam I now own. It's an RAC 1000 dash cam which I bought for about £40. Great little piece of kit and cheap, too.

Here is the link - https://www.racshop.co.uk/rac-1000-dash-cam.html

Offline travelbuddy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 18:12:55 »
Take a look at the DDPai Mini2 WiFi Dash Cam which has a capacitor instead of a battery. Had mine for over 2 years now and still very pleased with results.

Offline paully

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 18:29:50 »
Thanks so far for your help..Having a good look at those mentioned but please keep the recommendations coming..

Offline Jon

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 21:30:18 »
I have a Nextbase which is very good, but I had to buy a stick on mount as the suction mount is large and makes it hard to fit the camera in an unobstructive position.

My wife has a Kenwood DVR330 in her Mazda. It was a bargain from Halfords. It has a good HD image and GPS tagging. Being very small it’s easy to fit out of the way. The only downside is the camera isn’t a very wide angle, but it’s good enough. It’s now discontinued but you might find stock in store, otherwise the newer 430 model is worth a look. It can be bought from other on line sellers.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.