PCP due up soon - Advice, please!

• 2 Replies

Offline catnamedog

« on: March 04, 2019, 21:08:30 »
Hi
My 3 year Hyundai Finance PCP is due up in June this year. Its the SE nav Tucson, and it is currently at 15K miles - far lower than contracted for.
Can anyone advise me on whether I can put it back in to get another, smaller car before the due date? Would there be penalties?
Also, does it have any value to other car makers/dealers?
I've seen several small new cars by Citroen, Mazda and Toyota, in addition to the i10 & i20.
I'm trying to be a bit proactive, because I don't want to be in a position of having only a few days before I need to either keep the car or get rid at the end of the contract.
Any advice gratefully received.

P.S. I don't want anything to do with my local dealership, hence my request for forum advice.

Offline Jon

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 19:47:32 »
With most dealer incentives running quarterly and expiring March 31st, go to any dealer with any car you fancy buying. They’ll contact hyundai finance for a settlement figure.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline paully

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:24 »
I was told recently, by a long established member of the motor trade, that the optimium time to change on a 3 year PCP was actually at the 2.5 year mark...Something to do with how the system actually works..

I`d hawk it round and see what you get. The bigger the dealership, usually the better deal that can be done, although the downside is that the customer service is not usually as good as the smaller ones.