Just bought a 2010 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi

• 2 Replies

Offline DanKent

« on: March 08, 2019, 14:47:15 »
Hi all,

Just a quick hello post as a couple of weeks ago I picked up a 2010 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI Premium auto with 61k on the clock.

Having considered a whole range of estates and SUV's I went for the Santa Fe based on reviews, reliability, comfort and boot space!

Haven't got too much planned for it. The front discs/pads need doing, I might consider a remap for better fuel economy, and possible swap the headunit for a double-din touchscreen. I thought the Premium model had the top stereo but seems it may not be as good as the Infinity in previous models, as it has no Bluetooth option.

Has anyone upgrade their lights to HIDs? Full beam is great but dipped beam is pretty poor.

Fingers crossed for many trouble free miles driving!

Offline phil48

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 21:58:12 »
Quote from: DanKent
Hi all,

Just a quick hello post as a couple of weeks ago I picked up a 2010 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI Premium auto with 61k on the clock.

Having considered a whole range of estates and SUV's I went for the Santa Fe based on reviews, reliability, comfort and boot space!

Haven't got too much planned for it. The front discs/pads need doing, I might consider a remap for better fuel economy, and possible swap the headunit for a double-din touchscreen. I thought the Premium model had the top stereo but seems it may not be as good as the Infinity in previous models, as it has no Bluetooth option.

Has anyone upgrade their lights to HIDs? Full beam is great but dipped beam is pretty poor.

Fingers crossed for many trouble free miles driving!

Hi and welcome..search the Santa Fe section about your bulbs and any other info you may need..lots of posts about bulbs iirc.. :)

Offline Jon

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 16:35:01 »
Welcome t9 the forum-
Had the manual version and it’s a great car.
Double DIN stereo upgrade shouldn’t be too hard, you can source the facia trims and wiring loom adaptors (including for the steering wheel controls) easily.
As for the headlights, MOT requirements have tightened up on HID retrofits. Try some premium H7 filament bulbs such as Philips or Osram Nightbreakers.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.