New Guy on the block

• 5 Replies

Offline IX20 Dave

New Guy on the block
« on: May 22, 2019, 13:28:19 »
Hi all, just inherited a (2010) IX20 from my son, but my father had it before him.
A few scrapes on the bodywork and the stop/start not working, a comfortable drive, but gutless on the motorway. A 6th gear needed.

Offline IX20 Dave

New Guy on the block
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:50:55 »
mmm.. ok, can I ask the question has anyone else had a non working start/stop function on their Hyundai, and any idea, apart from "take to Hyundai" ?  Thank you.
Is this site seasonal?

Offline paully

New Guy on the block
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 13:26:16 »
Not seasonal, just quiet all year round. There has been comments about the S/S systems in the past here so, if you havent already done so, maybe a search might throw something of use up..

Personally I detest the stop start and turn it off on every engine start up, so a broken one would suit me completely :D . But we`re not all the same. Good luck hopefully someone might be along with a more technical intervention.

Offline KONA

New Guy on the block
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 16:00:23 »
Quote from: paully

Personally I detest the stop start and turn it off on every engine start up, so a broken one would suit me completely :D .

Sorry i cannot help the OP, i agree with the above 100%

Offline egg

• 2021 N Lines S
New Guy on the block
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 09:41:24 »
I think the stop start is great especially if you live near railways crossings where the barriers are down for 5/10 minutes at a time or round towns?cities. I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to save money or the environment?? Maybe it's just me.
2021 N Line S

Offline paully

New Guy on the block
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:21 »
Quote from: egg
I think the stop start is great especially if you live near railways crossings where the barriers are down for 5/10 minutes at a time or round towns?cities. I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to save money or the environment?? Maybe it's just me.

Doesnt save much in fuel over the course of a year but certainly knocks the stuffing out of the starting equipment which can be rather costly..Not to mention the hernia inducing push to the floor of the clutch pedal (They`re all like that says 2 dealers)..

Just my reasons