• 4 Replies

Offline Eastcoast

« on: March 05, 2017, 12:40:00 »
Hi folks, thought i would introduce myself a bit first. After my trusty astra failed a few weeks ago ive bought myself a ix35. I worked as a tech for suzuki and hyundai a few years ago and always liked them when they first came out so went to look at one and bought it. Had a good look under it on the ramps at work yesterday and found the rear brakes knackered! Will be going back to the dealership next weekend to get those replaced! Apart from that im enjoying it, mrs likes it as well and plenty space in the back for my son so happy days! Got a few plans for it so will get round to them in a few months after the hit of paying the deposit for it has worn of a bit! Plans are a sat nav head unit and possibly upgrade the speakers as the sound quality is pretty terrible! Biggest change will be the wheels. I feel the 17's are pretty lost in the big arches so a set of bigger wheels is defo needed! Considered the 18's of the ix35 but would rather a set of 19's for it as ive seen a few photos of them on 19's and seem to fit the arches perfectly. So if anyone has any info or could point me in the right direction of fitment sizes etc would be much appreciated! Anyway thats about it from me, seems a good active forum anyway so hopefully will be a good help to me, cheers!

Offline Jon

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 15:42:10 »
Welcome to the forum.

Try the website wheelfitment.eu where you will find details for your new rim sizes, (stud pattern, offset etc), looks like 245/45R19 would give the same overall diameter as your 225/60R17.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline Eastcoast

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 18:11:44 »
Perfect, thanks for the help! Will look into that

Offline pestiewesties

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:44:55 »
Send me an email direct as I have much info for you re alloys /tyres etc --  I have a santa fe and just put on 20" rims and tyres and can send you a photo etc

westies.jdr@talktalk.net  or phone  01772 785894    

Looking forward to your email   --  regards  -- Ian Readett

Offline Pablo Hewitt

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 19:58:19 »
Welcome to the forum. I was in the same boat as you, or I should say that I still am. My car is on its last legs and I have been eyeing an ix35 for quite some time. I'll make sure to take a page out of your book and give it a thorough look through before I make the final purchase, but overall I see myself being pretty satisfied with the vehicle