Dashcam and Warranty

• 3 Replies

Offline Geraldo

Dashcam and Warranty
« on: October 16, 2017, 20:01:14 »
Has anyone had a dashcam fitted to a new car and had any feedback regarding the Warranty ?  I want to have one fitted but the local dealer is a bit vague regarding Warranty invalidation.
I would always want a camera in my car nowadays.
Thanks.

Offline Jon

Dashcam and Warranty
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 14:06:40 »
It's just a plug in accessory. Should have no impact on warranty unless someone cuts the wiring loom installing one. That would, however, be totally unnecessary. You can use the 12v accessory socket or a piggy back fuse to USB power supply.

Halfords will install for you using such a lead, no cutting any vehicle wires. I bought a Nextbase 402g Pro on line and did it myself.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline Geraldo

Dashcam and Warranty
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 17:34:34 »
Thanks for the reply, I want it hard wired to not have any cables hanging about in the front.
I had Halfords fit one in my Wife’s car, nice and tidy.£30 as long as there is decent access for the fitter to get to the fuse box.Was going to hard wire it to my BMW but sold it to get my new Tucson  :)  Manufacturers should have a live connection up by the rear view mirror to hook into,especially with the rise in popularity of cameras......or have them factory fitted.
In my opinion.......

Offline PJM

Dashcam and Warranty
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 19:51:52 »
Quote from: Geraldo
Thanks for the reply, I want it hard wired to not have any cables hanging about in the front.
I had Halfords fit one in my Wife’s car, nice and tidy.£30 as long as there is decent access for the fitter to get to the fuse box.Was going to hard wire it to my BMW but sold it to get my new Tucson  :)  Manufacturers should have a live connection up by the rear view mirror to hook into,especially with the rise in popularity of cameras......or have them factory fitted.
In my opinion.......

I’ve had a dash cam hard wired, a reversing camera, drop down monitor, drilled in roof bars, additional power sockets in the boot and new head unit with no issues at all. If the changes caused damage I wouldn’t expect the warranty to cover it and have had no issue with three lots of required warranty work.