New member.

• 33 Replies

Offline phil48

Re: New member.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2022, 07:31:29 »
Wow  so sorry to see this and shows at least to me that this technology is good for nothing.. I hope they catch them and you get the car back but I guess it has not and now its been broken to sell for spares by these criminals.. >:(

Offline Bluetaurus

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2022, 09:48:00 »
That's shocking mate!!
You couldn't do anymore to protect the keyless entry fobs either!!.
How on earth did the scum manage to do it!
Hyundai Tucson N Line 1.6 T-GDi 177Ps DCT
Shadow grey

Offline I30Sean

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2022, 10:44:12 »
WOW that's terrible sorry to hear this. We have Faraday box and pouches for the spare keys. I know this sounds crazy but I actually checked my box worked I put my keys in it for both our keyless entry Hyundai's and went and stood next to them and pressed the buttons on the doors and they wouldn't open.
Did the police or insurance offer any suggestions of how they did this, i have heard of keys being cloned but this is high tech stuff???
Regards Sean
i30T GDI Turbo Black (2016) and Tuscon T-GDI 1.6 48V Premium In White (2021) Plus i20 Active (2013) Plus i10SE (2017)

Offline irememberwhen

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 23:27:52 »
The police issued a crime number that morning, closed the case 10pm that evening and much to my astonishment/dismay they said the case would be kept on record. My insurance company were quiet unconcerned and just wanted to know if I had both keys, which I did.  Because these thieves are so far ahead of the car makers they have multiple ways of stealing your car. Since talking with the public and perusing the web I have discovered how rife it is.
The car was discovered three weeks later abandoned in South Derbyshire having been involved in numerous crime and a police chase when they got away.
The vehicle was eventually declared uneconomical for repair and a settlement accepted.
2020 Tucson 1.6T 177ps N Line DCT Ruby Red.
1 November 2022 Tucson 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto. Serenity White.