COVID-19 Information

• 0 Replies

Offline WAFU

COVID-19 Information
« on: April 26, 2020, 15:56:42 »
As my Hyundai i30 will need it's annual/two year service next month and with many dealerships being closed or only open for 'key' workers, I was concerned that not being able to have it serviced would invalidate the 5 year warranty.

On looking at the Hyundai website, it has a COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (faqs) page (www.hyundai.co.uk/covid-19/faqs).

In a faq about servicing and warranty query, the following was posted:

At the moment, only some of our dealer service centres are open and they are prioritising key workers and emergency service vehicles so it is unlikely that routine maintenance and servicing can be completed during this time. For vehicles under warranty an automatic extension of 1500 miles will be applied; the time limit being open ended. This will continually be reviewed in line with future government guidance. Please note that all other terms and conditions of the warranty must be met. The mileage extension is based on the Government's recommendation that no unnecessary journeys are to be made.

There's also faqs together with answers on other relevant issues Hyundai owners may want to have a look at.

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Saves lives.  :)