Replacement grease dust cap hub cover

• 4 Replies

Offline HarryGee

« on: May 28, 2016, 13:17:52 »
Hi, I am trying to source replacement hub grease/dust cap covers for my 04 4wd Tucson, 56mm diameter.  I have contacted by local dealer with no look.  eBay don't same to have the correct size any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Offline Ross McGregor

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 21:18:54 »
Hi

There is no cover on the 4wd. The bearing is a compressed fit into the hub and does not require a dust cover.

Offline HarryGee

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 00:04:31 »
Hi thanks the reply.  The manual shows a cap and states how to remove!  I have two to replace the nuts are both heavily corroded and the bearings dry and rusted.  If I get Something to fit at least it will keep the bearings serviceable for longer, would you not agree?

Offline Ross McGregor

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:52:47 »
Hi again

The 2wd would have a dust cover. My old Tuscon had the castellated nut exposed the same as any 4wd and you can't grease the bearing as it's pressed in from behind the hub.
Watch if your changing the nut as from my experience they are very tight and you may cause damage removing it. If it's just surface corrosion I would leave it alone

Offline HarryGee

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 13:22:00 »
Hi I known that the bearing is sealed and maintenance free, just thought to protect the castle nut and driveshaft thread a cover would have been fitted.  As I said in the hyundai service manual it clearly shows a cap in the break down images.