USB memory stick

• 2 Replies

Offline Herindi

USB memory stick
« on: July 10, 2016, 11:30:46 »
I have just bought a Premium Sat and I am having problems playing music through the  USB port. Either there is a message saying there are no files found or if I use a different stick the files are in alphabetical order e.g. Track 1 of album 1 is displayed followed by Track 1 of album 2 then Track 1 of album 3 then back to Track 2 of album 1 etc . Do I create folders on my PC then put album 1 tracks in this folder( taken from my I tunes library) followed by a new folder with album2 tracks?  
It has me baffled and I find the Navigation handbook to be of little help. Does anyone know the right way to play music through the USB port? It is an i20 by the way.

Offline Deadilus

USB memory stick
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:25:08 »
Hi Herindi,

I was having some issues with the USB playing on my 2016 Santa Fe; hopefully some of the following notes will help you.

(1) The memory stick must be formatted as FAT32, not NTFS.
(2) I always create album folders (e.g. 'Fat Of The Land', 'Experience', and 'Music For The Jilted Generation' would all be separate folders for a Prodigy fan).
(3) I have only tried up to 16GB in the car - larger USB memory sticks may have problems, and may also be problematic formatting as FAT32. Start with a small one if in doubt.
(4) Files must be in the MP3 or WMA formats - OGG, M4A, etc will not work.

Hope this helps.

Offline Herindi

USB memory stick
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:42:30 »
Hello Deadilus. Thanks for the info, I will give it a go and see what happens.

I