Sat Nav Help

• 3 Replies

Offline stoz23

Sat Nav Help
« on: July 25, 2016, 20:42:36 »
Good Evening,

Ive had my Hyundai i40 Tourer Nav business for a month.  Really impressed by the car, however one thing which bugs me on the sat nav is there is no indication on the current road.  I can see the next 3 turnings but no static label or indication of the road im on.  Is there any whcih this can be changed is there a setting to change this or an update.  The car is a 16 plate.  Also would be good to know if there is a way you can get speed camera warnings on?

Many Thanks
Ian

Offline Deadilus

Sat Nav Help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 22:49:07 »
Hi Ian,

Not sure about the current road - will have to have a look at mine in the morning.

As for the Speed Camera Warning, the latest update for the Santa Fe MY2016 Sat Nav includes a WiFi option under Settings that enables you to connect the Sat Nav to a wireless hotspot (i.e. your phone) - just had mine updated and this works a charm. I suspect there is a similar update either out or pending for the i40 - check with the dealer as it is a free update.

Offline stoz23

Sat Nav Help
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:21:43 »
Hi Thanks for that.  Did you manage to check your for the current road?

Offline Deadilus

Sat Nav Help
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 16:38:21 »
Apologies, I've been snowed-under and didn't get a chance to look at this until the other day.

While there is no way to get the current road permanently displayed, if you tap the bottom of the screen while navigating to somewhere then it should display the current road, along with the Estimated Arrival Time, Distance to Destination and Time to Destination (which are already shown along the bottom). This appears as a kind of popup window which can be closed by clicking on the Close button (at the bottom) or disappears automatically after about 10 seconds.

Afraid this is the closest I could find to what you are looking for.