bluetooth voice connect

• 5 Replies

Offline snap

bluetooth voice connect
« on: October 31, 2016, 20:18:05 »
hi all, i have my samsung s7 edge connected to my i40 tourer 2013 model and can do almost all i need by it, answer calls, hear my music etc, but i cannot get it to call a name from the phonebook via voice recogonition, nor will it reply to text messages even though the car is going through the motions (repeating my reply even telling me message sent), but the phone doesn't seem to respond back to the car, am i missing switching something on somewhere, i've tried all i can think of even installed car mode and still no joy, can anyone help PLEASE!!!!

Offline noosantafe

• Global Moderator
bluetooth voice connect
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:08:59 »
Ask for phone and then ask for phonebook this throws up the phone list, scroll down the list until you see the page with the number that you require then ask for the person you wish to speak to. I know it's crap but that's how it works, Hyundai more or less said tough shite.
What I did with mine was put an A in front of my most used numbers on my phone thus John became Ajohn or Jo Ajo then when you go to phone list they throw up on the first page, just say it as I sounds ajon or ajo, I used it on my Santa Fe, very poor system!!.

Gazza!!!
My tombstone will say \"Idle git never cleaned his car\"
Tuscon N-line Hybrid polo white Tucson N-line fiery red my daughters.

Offline snap

bluetooth voice connect
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:36 »
Yea tried that, the system brings up the phonebook and scrolls via repeating next page ...but when i ask to call the requested name the system just cuts off without connecting the call, just as the voice reply to text goes through the full cycle ( repeats the reply message and says message sent) its as if my phone isn't hearing what the car is asking it to do, but i cannot find out why?

Offline noosantafe

• Global Moderator
bluetooth voice connect
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 20:01:26 »
Try entering the numbers into the phone and into the Sim card as well, the numbers will show up twice on the phone itself, this worked for me got this info off the web.

This was on my 2013 Santa Fe which has the same head unit as yours, Hyundai updated the Sat Nav and the system reverted to the original problem, the unit was changed under warranty but I still had to keep the numbers doubled up, have a word with your dealer as the unit could be faulty??.

Gazza!!!

Offline noosantafe

• Global Moderator
bluetooth voice connect
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 20:02:11 »
Try entering the numbers into the phone and into the Sim card as well, the numbers will show up twice on the phone itself, this worked for me got this info off the web.

This was on my 2013 Santa Fe which has the same head unit as yours, Hyundai updated the Sat Nav and the system reverted to the original problem, the unit was changed under warranty but I still had to keep the numbers doubled up, have a word with your dealer as the unit could be faulty??.

Gazza!!!

Offline snap

bluetooth voice connect
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 19:38:25 »
On to samsung now as the phone just doesn't seem to respond to the car.....