Door locks have a mind of their own - iX35

• 2 Replies

Offline ROBBO30

« on: April 10, 2017, 12:06:56 »
Hi
My central locking seems to have a mind of its own, often locking with me inside or not, sometimes even unlocking.

All the doors lock when this happens, it is not restricted to any one door.  If the engine is running when this happens, when I switch off the engine, the doors automatically unlock.

This is a 2011 model, therefore outside its warranty.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Rob

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 20:13:13 »
Does your car have the HALO system?

My i30 has it.

If so, then it is set to auto lock the car when you reach a designated speed, circa 15/20 mph.

There should be a button on the dash to release it so doors can be opened when stopped with engine still running.

It can be deactivated either via the on board menu or if that is not possible then by the dealer via the BCM.
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong

Offline ROBBO30

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 14:08:04 »
Eye 30, thank you for your suggestion.

My ix35 is fitted with an auto lock system which locks or unlocks all the doors when i use a rocker switch mounted adjacent to the window buttons.  When I switch the engine off, if the lock has been activated, it automatically unlocks all the doors.  But it only locks the doors if I operate the rocker switch.

The fault I have appears to do exactly what the rocker switch does, except that it locks the doors on its own without any intervention by myself.

Its not something I have used except maybe on a handful of occasions.

My car is not fitted with a speed sensitive automatic door locking system similar to the HALO system.

Hope all that makes sense

Rob