Newbie Hear Just Saying Hello and with a question re i40 legroom

• 5 Replies

Offline TE27RollaFan

Just joined the forum as I am considering switching from my gas guzzling 4 litre Lexus to something a little more up to date.

I really like the styling of the i40 tourer and appreciate it wont be as big or as powerful as my Lexus. For me there is one potential stumbling block and that is drivers legroom as I am 6' 3" tall and struggle to fit comfortably in most other medium size cars.

Before I embarrass myself and take one for a test drive is there anyone else on here that is tall and drives an i40.

Offline Pujo

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 15:46:17 »
Loads of leg room in the i40.
Front and back.
I'm 6 foot and so is my son. And he has no complaints in the back.
I hear though that the model with the big  sunroof  doesn't have  as much headroom as the non sunroof models.
Hope this helps.

Offline Ruperts Trooper

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 16:59:49 »
Stick with the Lexus! You've got virtually zero depreciation so use that to offset the higher fuel cost.

Or get a Genesis is you simply want something more modern than the LS.
2015 VW Touareg 3.0TDI SE
2014 Hyundai i30 1.4 Active
2016 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi SE-L
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi Premium Auto 7-seat - now sold - BT60ZPK

Offline Spike1987

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 13:32:14 »
I'm a bit taller than you 6'4 and I drive a i10 I have plenty of room in that, more than I did in the astras, hyundai do seem to have thought about taller drivers

Offline TE27RollaFan

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 13:03:55 »
Thanks for the replies chaps, pleased to hear that I will fit in the i40.

Yes I would really love to keep the Lexus but it only returns 17 mpg around town and I just don't do the miles that I used to.

The Lexus is a fantastic car but will need some cosmetic work doing to it and even an LPG conversion and respray will set me back around 5k, which I cant really justify spending on a 17 year old car with negligible resale value,  so a more economical car is the way forward for me and the i40 ticks all my boxes so long as I keep away from the model with the panoramic roof (thanks for that tip!).

Offline Jon

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:43 »
I've got the panoramic roof on my Santa Fe. I wouldn't have chosen it, but it came on the spec I wanted. I've actually found it's terrific. There's no noise, the extra light is great, especially in the back. You can leave it tilted to stop the car getting too hot when parked. There's virtually no loss of headroom with the blind closed compared to a car with a standard metal roof. With the blind open there's extra headroom.
So much better than the old style sunroof I had in my Austin Montego !
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.