bluetooth only dialling last number

• 11 Replies

Offline ffiscool

« on: August 15, 2017, 17:38:43 »
so... I have my new IX20 and just setting it up. but for some reason, when I press the button on the steering wheel to dial a number from my phone, it only dials the last number that I dialled - any thoughts?

I have unpaired my phone and re-paired it..
ix20 Premium Nav auto, silver

Offline Grant

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 17:51:49 »
I think that's how it is on the button.
Go into the phone menu on screen and select call history and you get a bigger choice.
Working for a Hyundai Dealer - hope that\'s allowed here - so will try and help anyone I can with questions on New or Used Hyundai cars.

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 17:59:47 »
Thank you.  I just tried and can do it from the screen but if driving I should be able to just use voice commands?  My previous ix20s just dialled when I gave a name

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 18:08:22 »
The voice command allows me to say dial number and that's fine if you know the number but it should allow call name.  It says that's not possible.  I will try to call someone about it tomorrow

Offline Grant

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 20:52:30 »
If you connect the phone with a cable I believe it works. Does your sat-nav have Android Auto / Apple Car play - if so it works with that if not I think the new ones need the phone wired whereas the old ones did it through the bluetooth.
Working for a Hyundai Dealer - hope that\'s allowed here - so will try and help anyone I can with questions on New or Used Hyundai cars.

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 21:01:24 »
Ah, thank you.  No, no car play.  Crazy to need to use a cable though when it can dial by number and the old car did it all.

I might need an adaptor as the car has the old wide connector, not a lightning one, another stupid thing.

I will try cabling tomorrow.

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 21:05:46 »
Sorry, presume needs the aux on then?

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 23:27:45 »
this is on their site - not sure if this will open the link but basically it shows the phone you have and model of car etc and then sub sections to show outgoing calls and then under that it says handsfree calling.. which is technically not completely true

http://hyundai.nextgen-technology.net/Details?SelectedTestInstanceId=149949&SelectedSystem=Audio%20system&SelectedSystemId=7917%2C8534%2C9006%2C11539%2C13189%2C14358&SelectedVehicleId=2225&SelectedVehicle=ix20%202015%2B&Culture=en&CultureId=23&RegionId=1#

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 13:49:39 »
Omg, stupid person at Hyundai CS.  so as per my other thread, my unit in the car cannot dial by name, only number voice recognition wise.

I have been emailing back and forth with CS, being told more than once, that whilst they understand my frustration, the unit is not designed to call by name.  This is despite the handbook showing that I should be able to use that command

I said it was false marketing to imply it can and that it was dangerous to use a touch screen to look for names, plus illegal.

I said I was taking it further and there must be a workaround.  I got a reply to say no, there isn't.  

I replied I am going to speak to people as this is not acceptable

Yesterday, the same person replied to say, the unit will respond to the command 'phonebook'. Once that screen is up, if the name is there, you can say 'call so and so'

If the name is not on that screen, you can say scroll down until it is!

So yes there is voice recognition to call by name!!!

AGH

Offline Piskoty

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 14:55:10 »
My mother's new Kia Venga has very similar failings!
Can someone explain to me the difference between staring at your phone (whilst you're driving) looking for the right menu option or staring at a tiny screen on your dashboard looking for which name to call, etc?
Whilst it is 'handsfree' in that you don't need to touch the phone, it is not safe (or legal?) and certainly a step backwards from my i20 where I could press a single button easily located on the steering wheel, say exactly what i wanted to do, eg. "call john mobile" and low and behold after confirming verbally what I wanted to do it would do just that.
Definitely a step backwards.
i20 Active 1.2 5dr - Diamond Black (62 plate)

Offline Piskoty

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 14:56:50 »
oh yeah, and on the Kia, pressing the green 'call' button on the steering wheel also immediately calls the last number dialed on your phone, regardless of what that was. The only way to scroll the phone book is by using the phone, I ask you honestly what is the point in that whole 'handsfree' system even existing, Kia should be ashamed.
i20 Active 1.2 5dr - Diamond Black (62 plate)

Offline ffiscool

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 18:05:43 »
Same as ix20 on the green button. How many times do most call the last number

Re the scrolling down, I know how many 'next page' commands to do, to get where I need.  Then it's a simple glance and say 'call...'. Once it's on the screen it works.  Still stupid