• 5 Replies

Offline Chrissie

« on: March 26, 2018, 16:30:05 »
Hello, I’m new to the forum but have owned a Hyundai for years. Starting with the Accent, then in 2000 an i30 and I am now awaiting delivery of my i10.
Just wondered, does anyone know how to track a new car. I know it was shipped from Ulsan,Korea on 22 March going to Tilbury and would love to be able to follow its journey. It’s the first time I’ve had to order a car as the other 2 were available immediately. Thanks for your help.

Offline phil48

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 18:09:00 »

Lets hope it doesn't get delivered by Yodel.. :lol:

Offline Jon

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 19:47:06 »
There are many websites that track shipping. Unfortunately I can’t find what departed  Busan or Ulsan on that date, it’s too long ago now. Then I’d need to filter it down to RoRo car carriers. It’s also too early to be shown on the arrivals list at Tilbury.
I’d expect about 40 days journey to the dock looking at other ships. It’ll stop on the way a few times so that could extend (Moving Hyundai parts to other factories and picking up more cars).
One day you’ll find a ship on the Tilbury arrivals list that looks a good candidate. Then expect it to sit at the docks a few days before it heads to your local dealer, who’ll need a couple more days to prep the car.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline Chrissie

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 20:18:43 »
Thanks for the help. Dealer says due to arrive with them on 18 April, then will take a few days to fit parking sensors. As you can tell I’m very excited it will be strange driving a small car alrways driven family cars.

Offline David George

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 13:19:05 »
All in good time, Chrissie, it will arrive and you are going to love the i10. It thinks it's a big car and acts like it! Enjoy!
i10 Premium SE 1.2 Auto, Passion Red. The Bees Knees!

Offline Jon

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 22:36:57 »
Look here in a couple of days and you should be able to work out the ships name. It’s be a roro car transporter, not a container ship.
https://www.londoncontainerterminal.com/full-schedule/
Then search the ships current position using websites such as marine traffic or vessel tracker.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.