nudge me in the right direction ..please

• 6 Replies

Offline jon thompson

« on: October 15, 2018, 20:17:17 »
hi all sorry if im posting in the wrong place ..im gong crazy and need some info ...and you this forum is it..!

ok  so ive got me a mint 2008 santa fe limited 5 all the bells and whistles runs mint looks great etc ect...with one massive downfall...

the stereo is a actually a cassette /cd combo which has given up the ghost...yeah ok no problem..so ive bought a fancy double din touchscreen and fascia plate and youtubed the c~~p out of it to see how its installed....forget it im going to pay a fitter to do it for me...will i need anything else is there a fancy doodad wiring loom converter mebob i need to make it simple .??

tanks for the opportunity to rant....rescueranger (job 4 real) :D  :D
2008 Santa Fe 2.2 16v CRTD 4WD
2006 Mk2 coupe 2.0 16v
2004 Mk2 V6 2.7 concourse condition (sold)

Offline Jon

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 22:43:51 »
Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice car the early limited. V6 or a diesel?

You can get audio lead adapters to go with a new double DIN audio unit, which can be fitted quite tidily with a fascia plate adapter. Plenty of retailers out there. Probably worth talking to someone who knows what they’re selling to get the right parts. I’m guessing the limited has controls on the steering wheel so you might need the Santa Fe to ISO lead and another for the steering wheel controls.

A quick google found many retailers, here’s just the one.....http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors/hyundai/santa-fe
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline jon thompson

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:24:03 »
Thanks...and thanks

Its the 2.2 td and yes has steering wheel controls which have an emplyoment problem atm haha sometimes they want to work lol..its just had 4 new shoes mitchelin latitude cross ATs with cross drilled n grooved discs on order yea yea i know ..its being pimped cos its fantastic condition...any way thanks ill order what i need later..post picks soon ..thanks again.
2006 Mk2 coupe 2.0 16v

Offline phil48

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:44 »
Was reading yesterday that some insurance companies are now saying that modifying the radio from standard is modifying the car and charging extra for that..Aviva is one doing that  :o  so I would check if you have invalidated your insurance..what is the world of cars and insurance companies coming to now.. :|

Offline Ruperts Trooper

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:59:26 »
As you've seen from Youtube, much of the fascia has to be dismantled to fit the double-din adapter part - time-consuming if you do it and expensive if a professional does.
2015 VW Touareg 3.0TDI SE
2014 Hyundai i30 1.4 Active
2016 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi SE-L
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi Premium Auto 7-seat - now sold - BT60ZPK

Offline Jon

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:25:34 »
If steering wheel buttons for cruise or audio are t working properly the usual suspect is the clock spring. A few owners here have had to replace theirs on cars of that generation.
Hyundai 2016 Santa Fe Premium SE Auto with Convenience pack
Previously drove 2011 Santa Fe Premium 7 seat man.
Also ride a 2 wheeled Triumph and fly a 22 wheeled Airbus.

Offline jon thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 14:13:37 »
oh dear...and oh dear

i guess i interpret the insurance/mods as yet another way to squeeze the motorist even further though it is still a valid point..as for the audio side thats just ridiculous imho...but thanks for the heads up .

i will visit the dealer when work allows and have a quote for the s/w wire to be be replaced ill take with me a crash mat to catch my fall when i faint at the cost haha. :D  :D  :D

as for the dismantling of the dash i have that covered a very kind fellow who has a car audio shop/installs will tackle this for me on saturday...if said patch wiring loom arrives and is the correct one..

as an after thought any ideas on the potential cost of the steering wheel spring wire.??? might not need the crash mat after all ..lol

regards

rescueranger
2006 Mk2 coupe 2.0 16v