Alloys

• 3 Replies

Offline egg

• 2021 N Lines S
Alloys
« on: February 27, 2019, 07:58:39 »
I've just replaced the front tyres on wife's i10. Doing so meant the fitter had to take the weights off the outside of the alloys which in turn led to the lacquer being pulled off and various marks on the alloys. I pointed this out to the dealer whilst it was getting serviced last week. They said Hyundai don't put weights on the outside of alloys so can't do anything about. I then pointed to a brand new i20 in the showroom with weights on the outside and said "I take it Hyundai haven't fitted those tyres and alloys then".

Had a call from them yesterday and they have new alloys for me. Only problem is they only have 2 as I haven't had the rears done yet!!!!!!!

Seeing as the rears still have 5mm of tread left and only having 12 months warranty left I'm going to get the rears rebalanced as the weights have somehow just fallen off.  ;)
2021 N Line S

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
Alloys
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 19:09:39 »
My i30 had weights on outside so of course telling porkies.

When i had a puncture repaired theystuck a stick on weight inside.
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong

Offline Gotagetz

Alloys
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 20:31:42 »
all our alloys have weights on the inside, in fact I've never had alloys with weights on the outside!

Offline egg

• 2021 N Lines S
Alloys
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 15:09:09 »
So I've had the 2 new alloys fitted and whilst there the dealer took pictures of the 2 rears that had the weights removed. This was Monday just gone and I've just had a call from them telling they have 2 new alloys waiting for me to fit. Getting them fitted next Tuesday.

So if you've had weights fitted to the outside of your alloys and had the tyres replaced and you have marked alloys get to your local dealer and ask for new 1's.  :D  :D
2021 N Line S