Newbie with a project

• 3 Replies

Offline Cliff Munday

Newbie with a project
« on: August 26, 2019, 14:09:38 »
Hi,
I'm not only new to the forum but new to Hyundai as a brand (trained Honda techie)
I'm down in darkest Somerset and embarking on a project, I've acquired a pony X2 gsi and I'm looking for the turbo version of the g4ek motor fitted therein.
I know scoupe turbos are like hen's teeth, wrapped in rocking horse poo, kept moist by unicorn tears lol....but that what I'm after

So hi....and any help appreciated
178 cars owned in 30 years.....this is my first Hyundai

Offline Pony

• Admin
Re: Newbie with a project
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 01:03:37 »
Yep they are ...

I have one sitting in my shed. The cars components have rotted out because it has been sitting around for to long. Engine is ok but I am not selling -sorry.

You have a Mitsubishi engine in your car. Have you thought about going down that route?. Proton twin cam might be an option.

One Hyundai model would take a different engine fairly easily. A pre 2005 Trajet petrol has a engine very silmilar to a MITSI EVO and has the same ecu plugs. Would be a very quick people carrier  ;D ;D

Offline KONA

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 12:29:12 »
 I've noticed whenever you use an apostrophe it shows as -   I'm,  I've what are you using to access the forum?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
    • https://www.i30ownersclub.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 13:40:46 »
I've noticed whenever you use an apostrophe it shows as -   I'm,  I've what are you using to access the forum?

That's a result of our conversion from PunBB to SMF - I'll eventually get round to correcting all the posts.
2008 i30 Premium CRDi manual.
2014 i30 Style Nav CRDi 128ps manual.
2017 Ioniq Premium SE Hybrid.

Join us at the i30 Owners Club